Here is the reality… on average less than 10% of your followers see your posts organically on social media. What does “organic” mean? Organic is the number of people who see what you post without having to put money behind it. So if you’re spending hours and/or a good chunk of change creating amazing content then posting it on Facebook or Instagram for the world to see, you’re probably not going to accomplish what you hoped to accomplish.
This my friends is called pay-to-play. It means that in order for you to ensure your followers and fans see the content you’ve created for them, you must spend money.
You either already know this or are probably having an oh crap moment. If you think Instagram isn’t that way, well I hate to burst your bubble. Instagram is owned by Facebook, and although you can’t buy followers today, I bet it is coming down the pipeline. Heck even Pinterst has ads now!
So what can you do about it?
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links below are affiliate links and we may earn a commission if you purchase through those links. We have used all of the products listed below and recommend them because they are helpful and are companies that we trust.
- Come to terms with it. These social platforms are companies.
- Don’t spend money on having someone create amazing content for you if you don’t have an advertising budget to back it.
- Don’t spend thousands of dollars having a beautiful custom website built if you don’t have additional money to drive traffic to it. Need a website, use our DIY guide!
- Think of it as a good thing. By being a pay to play market, you are on the same playing field as the big brands. You don’t need a name brand to build a successful business!
- Start building your email list. You own your email list, you don’t own your follower or fans. It is as easy as starting with Mailchimp. We also recommend using Leadpages in combination with your email marketing service platform because you need to give your visitors and fans a reason to subscribe!
Wish you had more traffic, leads or sales? Then it is time we chatted. Book a introductory call with our team here!